Grand Rapids Surgical Hair Restoration
Surgical hair restoration today offers safe, natural looking results with little to no downtime for recovery, or social downtime as a result of an obvious or “treated” appearance. Micrografting is the most advanced, and commonly performed surgical procedure at the Hair Restoration Institiute. Technically called follicular unit hair transplantation, Dr. Ringler will take a small donor strip of your hair from an area of healthy, full growth and microscopically divide this hair to individually transplant follicles and replicate the way your hair naturally grows.
The technique is generally performed in stages, is customized to your individual conditions, requires only local anesthetic, produces nearly undetectable scarring, and results in healthy, naturally restored hair within 6 to 12 months.
Dr. Ringler has developed proprietary botanical treatments and techniques in hair restoration that ensure your results will be optimal. Trust Dr. Ringler’s experience and expertise in hair restoration help you achieve your goals for a healthy, natural head of hair.
What is micrografting?
Micrografting is a detailed procedure that takes a small donor strip of your hair from an area of healthy, full grown hair and microscopically divides this hair. Individual follicles are then transplanted to thinning or bald areas, to replicate the way your hair naturally grows.
Why might I consider micrografting?
Baldness is a common hereditary occurrence among many men and even women. Micrografting is the most advanced technique to restore your hair to a natural appearance, making many men and women look younger and gain more confidence.
Who is a candidate for micrografting?
Men and women of many different circumstances may be candidates for micrografting:
- You can clearly define what you hope to accomplish for your appearance
- You understand what micrografting can and cannot accomplish
- You accept the risks of micrografting and your responsibilities as a patient
- You are healthy, emotionally secure and stable
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by micrografting
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries
What should I know about micrografting?
- Micrografting is performed on an out-patient basis
- The procedure is a process; over several treatments and with time, usually within 6 to 12 months, you will see a full head of hair
- Scars will result at the donor site, however they are well hidden in the hairline. The location of your donor site will be discussed during your consultation
- Requires only local anesthetic, but you may be given oral sedation for your comfort
- Recovery varies by individual, but most individuals return to daily activities the day following the procedure
- Results are long-lasting, however over time you may elect more transplants because the aging process naturally thins hair
- All procedures carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation