If you are one of the many men who try to maintain your weight through diet and exercise, but are frustrated by unwelcome pockets of fat on your abdomen, thighs, flanks, back, buttocks, or knees you are not alone. Many body-contouring options are available through Dr. Ringler at the Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery where hundreds of individuals have achieved their goals for a body that is more proportionate, fit and toned than they previously thought possible.
Designed for people who are basically in good health and good shape, the latest technique in liposuction is SAFELipo™. SAFE is an acronym for the steps in the procedure consisting of; fat Separation, fat Aspiration, and Fat Equalization. Using Power-Assisting Liposuction (PALS) technology and specialized cannulas, this technique requires the skill of a highly-trained and experienced plastic surgeon to achieve optimum results.
This procedure offers a gentler approach to liposuction without the aid of heat, which may be a concern with ultrasonic-assisted liposuction (UAL), and keeps the underlying structures intact. The result- a smoother, gentler, form of liposuction with consistent, beautiful results. SAFELipo can be used in conjunction with SmartLipo Triplex where additional skin-tightening is desired, and it combines well with other procedures such as; tummy-tuck and other plastic surgery procedures.
What is SAFELipo™?
SAFELipo™ was first developed by Louisiana plastic surgeon, Dr. Simeon Wall, Jr. in order to extract excess body fat both gently and evenly. SAFELipo does not generate any heat. The absence of heat minimizes damage to the skin, blood vessels, nerves, and the remaining fat layer. In addition, SAFELipo’s unique fat separation and equalization process provides beautiful results without the lumpiness and waviness that can result from traditional liposuction techniques. It not only produces more dramatic and smoother results than traditional tumescent or UAL, but it results in minimal to no bruising and can shorten recovery time.
Why is it called SAFELipo?
Dr. Wall coined the term SAFE to describe the unique liposuction process that results in safe, gentle, predictable results. The process includes:
- Fat Separation and equalization are performed with a specially designed “exploded” cannula using the latest power-assisted liposuction (PAL) technology.
- The Aspiration, or removal, of the separated fat can be accomplished quickly and gently, with a much smaller cannula designed to remove this “liquefied” fat without damaging the fragile blood vessels and nerves. There is no heat to potentially damage the structures.
- Fat Equalization, is performed after all the excess fat has been removed. This important step ensures a silky smooth appearance by equalizing the remaining thin layer of fat below the skin. This final step, in concert with the first two steps, prevents a “wavy,” lumpy, or unnatural appearance of the skin, and gives incredible liposuction results that are revolutionary.
Who is a good candidate for SAFELipo?
Men who are basically in good health and close to their ideal weight but have isolated pockets of fat on their abdomen, back, flanks, knees, or thighs may be good candidates for SAFELipo. Results will be best for individuals who do not have too much loose skin and have good skin elasticity. These and other factors generally define good candidates for liposuction procedures:
- You can clearly define what you wish to treat with liposuction.
- You accept the risks of liposuction and your responsibilities as a patient
- You are healthy, emotionally stable and secure
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by liposuction
- You have realistic expectations about what liposuction can and cannot accomplish
When will I see results from my SAFELipo procedure?
Men who select SAFELipo will be able to see results immediately, although additional improvement will be seen as swelling subsides. As an additional benefit, skin tightening can be seen to improve up to a year after surgery. After the swelling and minimal bruising subside, you can enjoy the contoured, more defined body you’ve been seeking.
As with all liposuction procedures, it is important to maintain your weight after your SAFELipo procedure, because although fat cells have been removed, the remaining fat cells can expand if you gain weight. By following a healthy diet and fitness plan, your liposuction procedure can continue to enhance your body’s shape. Many patients report feeling motivated to do so, because they will feel more attractive and self-confident about their body.