Reshape Sagging & Loose Skin in Grand Rapids
The upper arm, buttocks, inner or outer thighs and hips can all lose firmness and youthful curves over time resulting in excess skin. Thigh lift, arm lift (brachioplasty) and other body lift procedures are designed to specifically correct the individual conditions of excess sagging skin, fat and loose tissue that contribute to an undefined shape. Dr. Ringler takes the time to listen to your particular goals, evaluate your condition and design an individualized treatment plan that helps you achieve very natural, attractive curves that will get you back to daily life feeling strong, fit and confident.
What is a body lift?
Body lift can be performed after massive weight loss to reshape sagging and loose skin, or to treat hereditary conditions or those that develop after pregnancy or other weight fluctuations. Body lift may treat single conditions or may be performed to treat entire regions of the body.
Body lift tightens body tissues of the hips, buttocks, groin and inner and outer thighs, and minimizes excess sagging skin. It can include:
Incisions inside the buttock crease or in a bikini pattern treat sagging buttocks, hips and outer thigh
An incision that is circumferential, or around the body, treats the abdomen, hips and back
Incisions within the groin area treat the inner thigh. Depending on the scope of your condition, your incision may extend as far as the knee
Why would a body lift be recommended for me?
Reshaping disproportionate curves or reducing unwanted fat cannot always be attained through weight loss and exercise alone. Body contouring surgery can help many people reshape body features that cannot be enhanced any other way. Body contouring can dramatically improve the shape and proportion of your body, enhancing your appearance and your self-esteem.
Who chooses a body lift?
Women and men of various ages and from many circumstances choose body lift. These factors generally define good candidates for body lift procedures:
- You can clearly define why you want the surgery
- You understand what body lift can and cannot accomplish
- You accept the risks of body lift and your responsibilities as a patient
- You are healthy, emotionally stable and secure
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by body lift
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries
What should I know about body lifts?
A body lift may result in weight loss, but is not an alternative to a suitable weight loss program. It is designed to help individuals sculpt their body and tighten up loose skin. It is ideal for patients who are within 30% of their ideal weight for their height and frame.
- Body lifts may be performed on an out-patient or inpatient basis
- General anesthesia is recommended for body lift procedures
- Scars are normal after surgery and can usually be concealed with modest clothing
- Recovery varies by individual but may require 2-3 weeks time to return to normal, moderate daily life
- Results are long-lasting, but weight loss/gain or pregnancy can change your results and normal aging and gravity may effect your results over time
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after surgery
- Know that all surgery carry risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation