Revisional Breast Surgery Grand Rapids, MI
Revisional breast surgery can help you achieve the natural, proportionate look and feel you desire whether you have experienced changes to the appearance of your breasts over time, following prior breast surgery, the status of your breast implants themselves have changed, or whether you simply are not happy with your prior surgical outcome. Revisional breast surgery is highly individualized, and requires very specialized planning, techniques and materials. WIth over 25 years experience performing aesthetic breast surgery, you can trust Dr. Ringler’s artistic ability and expertise to restore a naturally beautiful appearance.
What is revisional breast surgery?
Revisional breast surgery is performed to address the desire or recommendation to correct a previous breast surgery as the result of various causes:
- Your body may have has changed since your original surgery
- You are not happy with the cosmetic results of your original surgery
- Your doctor may recommend that your implant be replaced
- You may experience complications from your original surgery, such as capsular contracture, marked wrinkling and rippling or implant malposition
Revisional breast surgery can help you achieve the natural, proportionate look and feel you desire
Why might revisional breast surgery be recommended for me?
Over time, your appearance changes. Heredity, hormonal changes, weight gain or loss, and aging can result in changes to the size, shape and overall look of your breasts. In addition, implants are not lifetime devices; your doctor may recommend it is time to replace your implants.
Who is a candidate for revisional breast surgery?
Women who are not happy with the current appearance, function or feel of one’s breast following previous breast surgery choose revisional breast surgery. These factors generally define good candidates for revisional procedures:
- You can clearly define why you want the surgery
- You understand what revisional breast surgery can and cannot accomplish
- You accept the potential risks of breast surgery and your responsibilities as a patient
- You are healthy, emotionally stable and secure
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries
What should I know about revisional breast surgery?
Revisional breast surgery is generally performed on an out-patient basis. The incision pattern for your surgery will be discussed with you during your consultation. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery and are generally concealed in the breast fold or under the armpit.
The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation
- Revisional breast surgery may be performed under local anesthesia with sedation, or more commonly under general anesthesia
- Recovery ranges from 2-3 weeks depending on the extent of your procedure; you will be up and about the day after surgery, however it may be several days before you return to a moderate daily schedule
- Results are permanent, but weight loss/gain or pregnancy can change your results and normal aging and gravity may affect your outcomes
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the hospital or recovery center
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation