Endoscopic Brow Lift Grand Rapids
Through expert facial plastic surgery techniques and nearly undetectable incisions, endoscopic brow lift can erase the furrows and frown lines that make you look tired, angry or confused. Repositioning of hooded or low brows allows for a more natural, youthful and restored appearance. Brow lift surgery, when performed with experience and vision, results in an appearance that looks vibrant, happy and youthful. Nothing looks pulled, artificial or overdone and your hairline remains unchanged.
A brow lift treats the upper portion of the face (above the eyes) and may be performed in conjunction with eyelid surgery or face lift, Botox and facial fillers, or as a stand-alone procedure. Ultherapy is the new, non-invasive, FDA approved, ultrasonic procedure for lifting and tightening the brow. Grand Rapids plastic surgeon Dr. Steven L. Ringler specializes in facial plastic surgery and will discuss all surgical and non-surgical options for lifting the brow with you during your consultation to help you achieve your goals for youthful, natural appearance.
What is an endoscopic brow lift?
A brow lift improves expression lines of the brow and forehead, improves a hooded brow and repositions low set brows. Techniques include:
- Several short incisions of 1 cm are hidden within the scalp through which an endoscope, –a special surgical instrument,– is used to release and reposition your eyebrows back up to a normal proportional area on your forehead .
- Short incisions within the hairline at the temples or within the natural crease of the upper eyelid may also improve the appearance of a hooded brow or frown lines .
Why might a brow lift be recommended for me?
Looking younger and improving facial appearance and balance of your eyebrows may be attained through facial rejuvenating procedures, such as this one.
Who is a candidate for brow lift surgery?
Age does not define candidates for facial rejuvenation. Women and men of various ages choose facial rejuvenation to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging. These factors generally define good candidates for endoscopic brow lift procedures:
- You can clearly define why you want the surgery .
- You understand what an endoscopic brow lift procedure can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the potential risks of an endoscopic brow lift procedure and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally stable and secure.
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by an endoscopic brow lift procedure .
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries .
What should I know about brow lifts?
- Brow lift surgery is performed on an outpatient basis .
- The incision pattern for your surgery will be discussed with you during your consultation. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery, and generally concealed within the hair-bearing portion of the scalp. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation .
- Brow lifts are performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia .
- Recovery ranges from a few days to 1 week. It also may take several weeks to months for you to see full results as swelling subsides and tissues heal .
- Results are long-lasting, but maintaining your youth is a lifestyle choice and proper skincare is essential after surgery and recurrence is a potential complication .
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from your procedure .
All surgeries carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation
For more information about facial plastic surgery to enhance the forehead or brow, please call 616.328.8800 or contact the office of Grand Rapids plastic surgeon Dr. Steven L. Ringler at the Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery.