A breast lift will help to reposition your breasts, restoring shape and firmness for a more youthful, natural appearance. Your personal consultation with Dr. Ringler will help determine whether a breast lift alone, or the added option of a breast implant will achieve the natural, youthful lifted curves you desire. With over 25 years of experience performing aesthetic breast surgery, you can trust Dr. Ringler to help you achieve your goals for a beautiful, natural result.
What is a breast lift?
A breast lift surgically lifts and reshapes the breasts, creating breasts that are more firm, rounded and lifted, producing a more youthful position, shape and appearance.
Why might a breast lift be recommended for me?
The changes a woman experiences after childbirth, weight loss, with age, or simply the result of heredity can change the appearance, size, shape or position of your breasts over time.
Who is a candidate for a breast lift?
Women of various ages and from many circumstances choose breast lift surgery. These factors generally define good candidates for breast lift procedures:
- You can clearly define why you want the surgery.
- You understand what breast lift surgery can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the potential risks of breast surgery and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally stable and secure.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries.
What do I need to know about breast lift?
- Breast lift is performed on an out-patient basis.
- Breast lift is performed under general anesthesia.
- The incision pattern for your surgery will be discussed with you during your consultation. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery and are generally concealed beneath modest clothing and lingerie.
- Return to normal activities of daily living is usually between 24-48 hours with minimal restrictions. Full sports activity – running, jogging, high impact aerobics is usually 4 weeks.
- Results are permanent, but weight loss/gain or pregnancy can change your results and normal aging and gravity may affect your long term results.
- You need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after surgery.
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
For more information about breast procedures, please call 616.328.8800 or contact the office of Grand Rapids plastic surgeon Dr. Steven L. Ringler at the Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery.