Breast Augmentation Surgery
Enhance breast size or volume, improve the shape or firmness of breasts and create a totally natural appearance through breast augmentation. Your individualized plan includes selection of the type, shape and size of your breast implant that will best achieve your desired results. Positioning of the breast implant is determined by your natural breast tissue, fitness and lifestyle choices. Every woman is unique; your breast augmentation experience is tailored uniquely to fit your goals and your body. Dr. Ringler is now offering women considering breast augmentation surgery the complimentary use of our E-Stitex 3-D Breast Imaging and Simulating technology. This is the first web-based 3D Breast Imaging technology that allows you to see a simulation of various types and sizes of breast implants as they would look on your own body prior to surgery. It also enables you to view the images in various types of clothing from bathing suits to evening clothes for a clearer representation of what you might achieve through surgery. The images will also be available to you from your own computer so you may discuss images with family or friends if you so desire. Dr. Ringler has been performing saline and silicone gel breast implant surgery for over 25 years. He is the only Grand Rapids plastic surgeon specializing in the “transaxillary” or underarm incision approach to breast augmentation for both saline and silicone gel implants, thereby, eliminating scarring on the breasts. Dr. Ringler is an advocate of Rapid Recovery following breast surgery and will discuss this option with you during your complimentary consultation.
What is breast augmentation surgery?
Breast augmentation enhances breast size and shape with a surgically placed breast implant. Desired breast shape, size and projection in addition to a woman’s natural breast tissue, frame and body size are all evaluated to establish enhanced, natural, proportional and beautiful breasts.
Who is a candidate for breast augmentation?
Although the mean age is about 35, women of various ages from 18-60 elect breast augmentation for many different reasons: Breast asymmetry from birth, lack of proportional development, loss of volume after babies and sagginess that may develop from gravity may all be reasons for choosing breast enhancement.
These factors generally define good candidates for breast augmentation procedures:
- You can clearly define why you would like a breast augmentation.
- You understand what breast augmentation surgery can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the risks of breast surgery and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally stable and secure.
- You accept that implants are not for life and that you may need follow-up and eventual implant replacement.
- You are looking for a proportional, natural and restored breast result.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries.
What should I know about breast augmentation surgery?
- Breast augmentation is performed on an out-patient basis.
- The placement of your implants may be beneath your breast tissue, partially beneath the pectoral or chest muscle, or a combination of the two.
- The incision pattern for your surgery will be discussed with you during your consultation. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery and are generally concealed in the underarm area with saline and silicone gel implants.
- Breast augmentation is performed under general anesthesia.
- Return to normal activities of daily living is usually between 24-48 hours with minimal restrictions. Full sports activity – running, jogging, high impact aerobics is usually 4 weeks.
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after surgery.
- Weight loss/gain or pregnancy can change your results and normal aging and gravity may affect your results over time.
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks.
- There are decisions you will make and trade-offs based on the type of implant type, incision approaches and implant selection which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.