Female Hair Restoration in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Hair loss in women can have an enormous impact on appearance and self-confidence. There are many causes for female hair loss, and treatment options for women are limited. Dr. Ringler has developed a unique, safe, proven and effective natural method to treat hair loss in women using botanical oils and a custom balance of supplements. This treatment regimen uses no prescription drugs or hormones that may be harmful to women. In addition, Dr. Ringler’s surgical expertise with micrografting can allow you to restore fullness, without obvious signs of treatment, if appropriate for your conditions.
What is the botanical hair oil treatment
Our clinical grade botanical hair oil treatment is derived from oil extracted from a unique variety of coconuts grown in the Philippine islands. Empowered by its powerful, medium-chained triglycerides and antioxidants, this rare, botanically active extract is able to condition the scalp and invigorate the hair follicles with unique stimulating properties. The results are clinically proven to improve hair density and texture.
Who will benefit from the botanical hair oil treatment?
Men and women of all ages who are experiencing thinning hair or balding which may be due to inflammation; vitamin, oxygen and hormone deficiencies; exposure to harsh chemicals; medications or genetics.
Where do I get the botanical hair oil treatment?
At this time, Dr. Ringler’s proprietary hair oil treatment is available only at the Hair Restoration Institute, which is a division of the Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery. Our medical aestheticians will apply the warm oil to your hair with a relaxing 20 minute scalp massage. The oil is left in the hair overnight, so your visit should be planned for late in the afternoon or when you are not planning evening engagements. Dr. Ringler’s treatment will soon be available for purchase for at home use early in 2013.
What is micrografting?
Micrografting is a detailed procedure that takes a small donor strip of your hair from an area of healthy, full grown hair and microscopically divides this hair. Individual follicles are then transplanted to thinning or bald areas, to replicate the way your hair naturally grows.
Why might I consider micrografting?
Baldness is a common hereditary occurrence among many men and even women. Micrografting is an advanced technique to restore your hair to a natural appearance, making many men and women look younger and gain more confidence.
Who is a candidate for micrografting?
Men and women with very thin or balding may be candidates for micrografting:
- You can clearly define what you hope to accomplish for your appearance.
- You understand what micrografting can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the risks of micrografting and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally secure and stable.
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by micrografting.
What should I know about micrografting?
- Micrografting is performed on an out-patient basis.
- The procedure is a process; over several treatments and with time, usually within 6 to 12 months, you will see a full head of hair.
- Scars will result at the donor site, however they are well hidden in the hairline. The location of your donor site will be discussed during your consultation.
- Requires only local anesthetic, but you may be given oral sedation for your comfort.
- Recovery varies by individual, but most individuals return to daily activities the day following the procedure.
- Results are long-lasting, however over time you may elect more transplants because the aging process naturally thins hair.
- All procedures carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation .