Genetics is the primary cause for male pattern baldness, a common condition that results in hair loss in specific patterns such as a receding hairline, baldness across the crown, or development of a bald spot. In many men, hair loss is commonly associated with elevated levels of the hormone DHT. Early intervention is the key to preventing further hair loss, and restoring fullness. Treatments range from prescriptions such as Propecia or Rogaine, to surgical intervention with micrografting, a procedure that uses your own hair to restore balding areas.
Dr. Ringler’s expertise in hair restoration can result in a natural looking, and permanent restoration of balding areas, without the need for social downtime. In addition, Dr. Ringler’s research has resulted in a proprietary and remarkable natural solution for hair loss, offered only at the Hair Restoration Institute.
What is botanical hair restoration?
Our clinical grade botanical hair oil treatment is derived from oil extracted from a unique variety of coconuts grown in the Philippine islands. Empowered by its powerful, medium-chained triglycerides and antioxidants, this rare, botanically active extract is able to condition the scalp and invigorate the hair follicles with unique stimulating properties. The results are clinically proven to improve hair density and texture.
How is the botanical oil used?
Botanical hair restoration is a 100% natural oil treatment applied to the scalp to regrow hair for both men and women.
Treatment is a process:
• A special blend of oils are heated and massaged into the scalp for approximately 20 minutes by one of our clinically trained medical assistants
• This relaxing procedure is performed on a bi-weekly basis for the first 4 treatments, followed by monthly treatments thereafter
• The oil remains in the hair overnight and is shampooed as usual in the morning. The day after treatment the hair will appear fuller and well-conditioned. Over time, typically within 6-8 weeks, individuals begin to notice new growth at the hairline or areas of the scalp that contain only very fine hair
What is micrografting?
Micrografting is a detailed procedure that takes a small donor strip of your hair from an area of healthy, full grown hair and microscopically divides this hair. Individual follicles are then transplanted to thinning or bald areas, to replicate the way your hair naturally grows.
Why might I consider micrografting?
Baldness is a common hereditary occurrence among many men and even women. Micrografting is the most advanced technique to restore your hair to a natural appearance, making many men and women look younger and gain more confidence.
Who is a candidate for micrografting?
Men and women of many different circumstances may be candidates for micrografting:
- You can clearly define what you hope to accomplish for your appearance
- You understand what micrografting can and cannot accomplish
- You accept the risks of micrografting and your responsibilities as a patient
- You are healthy, emotionally secure and stable
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by micrografting
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries
What should I know about micrografting?
- Micrografting is performed on an out-patient basis
- The procedure is a process; over several treatments and with time, usually within 6 to 12 months, you will see a full head of hair
- Scars will result at the donor site, however they are well hidden in the hairline. The location of your donor site will be discussed during your consultation
- Requires only local anesthetic, but you may be given oral sedation for your comfort
- Recovery varies by individual, but most individuals return to daily activities the day following the procedure
- Results are long-lasting, however over time you may elect more transplants because the aging process naturally thins hair
- All procedures carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation