No matter how fit you may be, excess fat may collect beneath the chin, in the upper arms, the male breast, in the flanks, abdomen, the hips, thighs, buttocks, or even the knees. Although diet and exercise may reduce the size of fat cells, SAFELipo, SmartLipo Triplex, Body-Jet liposuction and CoolSculpting help to reduce the number of fat cells and help redefine your shape and contour.
At the Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery, the most innovative and safe techniques in liposuction and body-contouring can help sculpt the body you desire. Dr. Ringler is the first plastic surgeon in Michigan to be able to offer SAFELipo, SmartLipo Triplex laser body sculpting, Body-Jet water-assisted liposuction and CoolSculpting by Zeltiq to his patients.
SAFELipo is a new twist on traditional liposuction making it safer, gentler, and more consistent than ever before. SAFE is an acronym for the steps in the procedure consisting of; fat Separation, fat Aspiration, and Fat Equalization. This liposuction technique, combined with our Power-Assisted Liposuction (PALS), and Dr. Ringler’s extensive expertise in body-contouring ensure that your result will be smooth, beautiful, and safe with minimal downtime. SAFELipo can also be used in combination with SmartLipo Triplex for additional skin tightening and sculpting, or in conjunction with a tummy-tuck.
The SmartLipo Triplex laser offers minimal downtime, promotes skin tightening and can offer high-definition sculpting for achieving the “six pack” abdomen you may have struggled to achieve. The triple wavelength laser is able to dissolve the fat cells before they are removed offering an easier recovery than traditional liposuction.
Body-Jet Lipo, or water-assisted liposuction, is a minimally invasive form of liposuction that uses gentle pulsating streams of water to dislodge fat cells while simultaneously removing them through a small cannula. Body-jet is an outpatient procedure that is typically performed under local anesthesia. Body-Jet is gentler and provides less swelling than traditional liposuction and offers minimal downtime. Additionally, since the fat cells that are removed are not damaged in the process, they may be used as an all-natural filler for face and body rejuvenation. Body-Jet can be used in conjunction with other procedures such as SmartLipo Triplex, MACS facelift or tummy tuck.
CoolSculpting by Zeltiq is the latest addition to our body contouring technology options. This non-surgical, in office procedure offers an alternative to traditional liposuction. It requires zero downtime and typically results in a 20% reduction of fat in a given area. Dr. Ringler is the first physician in Michigan to be able to offer this safe and effective, FDA approved technology.
Whether a spot treatment or reshaping larger areas, let Dr. Ringler’s extensive experience and expertise in liposuction and body contouring techniques and state-of-the-art technology help reshape what fitness alone cannot always achieve. With a wide range of treatment options customized for your goals, Dr. Ringler offers safe and effective options to help you reduce excess fat to fit your proportions with minimal to zero downtime.
What is liposuction?
Liposuction is the surgical removal of excess fat deposits resistant to weight loss and fitness, and results in smoother, more proportionate curves. Liposuction may also be referred to as liposculpture or body recontouring. Liposuction often accompanies many procedures such as facelifts and tummy tucks but also may be a stand-alone procedure. Areas frequently reshaped by liposuction include:
- Abdomen and trunk including
- Waist, hips and love handles
- Back and flanks
- Inner and outer thighs
- Below the chin and the neck
- Upper arms
- Male and, occasionally, female breast
Why might liposuction be recommended for me?
Reshaping disproportionate curves or reducing unwanted fat may not always be attained through weight loss and exercise alone. Liposuction can help many people reshape body features, dramatically improving the shape and proportion of your body and enhancing your appearance and your self-esteem.
Who is a candidate for liposuction?
Women and men of various ages and from many circumstances choose liposuction. Patients with isolated areas of fat that are close to optimal weight are the best candidates. These and other factors generally define good candidates for liposuction procedures:
- You can clearly define what you wish to treat with liposuction
- You understand what liposuction can and cannot accomplish
- You accept the risks of liposuction and your responsibilities as a patient
- You are healthy, emotionally stable and secure
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by liposuction
- You have realistic expectations about what liposuction can and cannot accomplish
What should I know about liposuction?
- Liposuction will result in weight loss from a few to several pounds due to the reduction of tissue. However, this procedure is not an alternative to a weight loss program and patients must maintain their preoperative routine and diet and exercise program to maintain their results
- The incisions for liposuction are very small often about ”. The placement of incisions for your surgery will be discussed with you during your consultation
- Liposuction is most commonly performed on an out-patient basis
- Smartlipo Triplex is most commonly performed under local anesthesia and requires much less downtime than traditional liposuction
- Liposuction is most commonly performed under general anesthesia but for smaller areas may be performed under local anesthesia with sedation
- Following your procedure you will experience swelling, potential bruising and some soreness in the treated area. Recovery ranges from 5-10 days. Within the day following surgery you will return to normal, light activity
- Results may be long-lasting, but weight loss/gain or pregnancy can change your results and normal aging and gravity may affect your outcomes
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the hospital or recovery center
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation