The male chest is one that defines a fit, firm and masculine appearance. For some men, the excess male breast tissue can be an embarrassing and difficult condition to accept. Hiding behind baggy shirts is not a lifetime solution.
Dr. Ringler understands how men feel about their bodies, and the special concerns they have for approaching surgical solutions. Whether through SmartLipo Triplex alone or with additional techniques, we can help you achieve a masculine, firm, fit chest and restore confidence in your body-image.
What is a male breast reduction?
Male breast reduction reduces excess male breast tissue, a condition called gynecomasia, along with excessive fat for a firmer, flatter, more masculine and defined chest.
Why might a male breast reduction be recommended for me?
Reducing unwanted fat or the excess glandular tissue that contribute to gynecomastia often cannot be attained through weight loss and exercise alone. Treatment of gynecomastia can help men reshape the male chest and dramatically improve the shape and proportion of your body, enhancing your appearance and your self-esteem.
Who is a candidate for male breast reduction?
Men of various ages and from many circumstances choose to correct gynecomastia conditions. These factors generally define good candidates for gynecomastia procedures:
- You can clearly define why you want the surgery.
- You understand what surgery for gynecomastia can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the potential risks of surgery and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally stable and secure.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries.
What should I know about male breast reduction?
- Male breast reduction is performed on an out-patient basis
- SmartLipo Triplex and the Exilis Elite are new alternatives for reducing the male breast. They are minimally invasive and require significantly less downtime than traditional male breast reduction surgery. A private consultation with Dr Ringler will help determine if SmartLipo Triplex or the Exilis Elite would be of benefit to you.
- Male breast reduction is most commonly performed under general anesthesia
- Recovery ranges from 1-2 weeks, but you will be back to light normal daily activity the day after your procedure
- Results are long-lasting, but weight loss/gain can change your results and normal aging and gravity may affect your outcomes
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation